Sunday, December 11, 2011

Today is a new day

Today

You give me hope
In a peace I've never known
To know, and I find
The once emptiness in life
Has been made whole by you,
And the home I find in you.

 

  I feel like I've been encased in ice the past few months, and this past week something, externally or internally - (I can't tell) has begun to melt my darkness.  I can’t guarantee that I’m not going to spend some days accomplishing nothing, or that I still don’t get a little stressed out when my hip starts to hurt, but today I feel like I can conquer anything.  Like I'm capable of anything.  Today is beautiful, and there will never be another day like it, so cherish it! 
  My boyfriend and I were walking out of a restaurant and I stopped him and yelled, "look at the moon!  It's so beautiful!" and he said to me, "you act like such a child sometimes", not in a mean way, in an appreciative for the way you appreciate things kind of way, and I feel a renewed hope that the old me is still inside of me somewhere, itching to come out.  The happy me.  The perpetually grateful to be alive me.  I've really been missing that me lately.





No comments:

Post a Comment