Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dark Poetic Ramblings - You can tell I've had a bad day

Operating Room Bed

So much I've seen,
In these dark days,
So  many bodies upon me,
Open for display,
To greedy hemostats,
And surgeon's hands...
Leaving a permanent mark,
On these old pads, and wheels.
And every time I'm unlocked,
I long to move,
To a room
Outside of the OR.

__________________________________________________________________

Depression

Countless days drifting in a fog
When I'm not working I never see the sun
Desperate to be left alone by those I love
Filled with hopeless thoughts of my future when once
Each day held it's own beautiful experience
Loved ones around gave me fulfillment
My job was rewarding, I was lucky for good health
Part of the eternal sunny Clair was destroyed by herself
What's left in me now, an empty shell
Not good enough to be your girlfiriend
It's like I'm under the spell
Of my own despair
And as much as I wish I could escape
My current dark reality
The path has remained closed off to me
Most likely by my own doing.

__________________________________________________________________

Sunshine

Darkness is a pleasant companion
Always around when you're alone, in need of something
A void you've been unable to fill
And unlike people, who tend to be unreliable
Flighty when need dictates absence
Darkness will always be right there, at your side
When the light grows wary
Of accompanying the sun
To brighter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment